1. People wave at you when they drive by. You don’t even know them.
2. They sell death wholesale to the public.
3. The locals tell you a country block equals a quarter mile.
4. There’s no line at the Walmart Customer Service counter.
5. You accidentally dial the wrong number when calling the mom of your son’s new friend at school. Instead of gruffly stating, “You’ve got the wrong number” and hanging up, the friendly stranger on the other end strikes up a conversation. He tells you he’s not related to the kid you’re calling about but asks, “Is he ok?” and introduces himself as the dad of another fifth grader at your son’s school.
6. Poles wear boots. No, they are not my boots.
7. Down the street, there’s a buffalo and a camel and white peacocks and a zorse (zebra mixed with horse).
8. The sunsets are beautiful.
9. There are stars. No, I mean STARS. Lots of them. All over the sky. EVERYWHERE.
– The Goat Cheese Lady