My husband IS The Chicken Man.
He might not appreciate that name, and I didn’t pre-authorize this name with him, however, it’s true.
He is The Chicken Man. At least he will be on the days he’s teaching the Raising Backyard Chickens Class.
The Chicken Man is the one to know for all things Chicken:
1. He knows the names of all the types.
2. He knows which ones are hardy enough to have in Colorado.
3. He knows which ones you should get for the best (and most) eggs.
4. He knows the best chickens to get for meat.
5. He knows how to raise them from babies.
6. He knows how to get them to make babies.
7. He knows what they should eat.
8. He knows what medicine they need.
9. He knows how to protect them from predators.
10. He knows how to build chicken coops.
11. He knows how to build chicken bunkers.
12. He knows how you can build your own chicken coop.
13. He knows how to clean the poop.
14. He knows how to make compost out of the poop.
15. He knows how to slaughter them.
16. He knows how to cook them.
17. He knows how to hold them.
18. He knows how to cure them from what ails them.
19. He knows the best places to buy them.
20. He Is The Chicken Man.
And, he wants YOU in his class.
You don’t want to disappoint The Chicken Man.
Sign up for any of these classes by calling the Goat Cheese Lady:
Wednesday, February 16, 1-2:30
Saturday, March 5, 9:30-11:00
Saturday, March 5, 1:30-3:00
Sunday, March 6, 9:30-11:00
Sunday, March 27, 9:30 – 11:00
Sunday, March 27, 1:30-3:00
You will learn how to raise backyard chickens from baby chicks! What to feed them, how to take care of them, if they need heat or not, what their coop should look like, what their pen should look like…and how big, how to handle the eggs, how to protect from predators, what to do with the poop, ideas for how to build your own chicken coop, or ideas for where to buy a pre-made chicken coop. Cost: $25 per person. Class size limited to 10.
The Chicken Man is the Man to learn from if you have any questions about starting your own backyard flock!
We’ll see you soon!
– The Chicken Man’s Wife, 719-651-9819