I’m at my desk.
And, because I have 29 irons in the fire, 2 kids, 2 businesses and a (handsome) husband, I don’t have time to vacuum the basement.
The basement…where I’m working.
And where there’s a spider who has taken up residence in my filing system.
And, the weird thing is, I know it’s there, I used to be petrified of spiders, I am actually watching it rebuild its web from when I tore it when removing a file today, and I haven’t screamed…or killed it.
Included in these priorities are paying attention to my husband and my kids. Sort of. Today, not much. Sorry guys.
Here they are:
1. Get up in the morning.
2. Make breakfast, get the kids off to school.
3. Work on one business.
4. Work on the other business.
5. Work on Christmas gifts.
6. Work on the first business.
7. Work again on the second business.
8. Hope there are left overs in the fridge.
9. Run errands.
10. Make phone calls.
11. Answer emails.
12. Learn what a press release is.
13. Read to my kids.
14. Eat lunch/dinner at 4:45 because thank goodness the Animal Whisperer cooked.
15. Work more.
16. Notice that the spider is still there.
17. Rebuilding his web.
18. Crawling around.
19. Convince myself that it will only stay in its web and won’t crawl over two feet to get on me.
20. – 106. A bazillion other things.
107. Milk again.
108. Bring the vacuum downstairs.
109. Suck up the spider into the depths of the vacuum because I can’t stand the feeling of crunching it between my fingers in toilet paper.
Maybe I’ll just name it.
We can be cubical mates.
In the basement.
On the 60’s carpet with roses.
– The Goat Cheese Lady