Every time, when I was little, that we went to the mountains to ski, we’d look for the “Stuff for Sale” sign. It was in the yard of a run down cabin set right next to Highway 24. Not too unusual, except for a few things:
1. The cabin was really run down.
2. The “Stuff for Sale” was painted on the door of an old, 50’s style curved refrigerator. Except there was no refrigerator. Just the door.
3. The Stuff that was for Sale had been for Sale for going on about 15 years or so. There were weeds growing up through the Stuff and most of the Stuff was rusted.
The cabin’s still there, but the Stuff must have finally sold, or been taken to the dump, or been covered up by dirt, because sometime in the late 90’s, it disappeared. Along with, unfortunately, the sign.
But, in memory of it, here’s our Stuff for Sale:
1. Dottie’s girl #1. Born 3-19-11. Alpine Nubian cross. Sire is registered Alpine. Get the best of both worlds: the quality of Nubian milk and the quantity of Alpine milk! Can be reserved now, and will be ready to be picked up April 19. She’s nursing now, but if you want to bottle feed her, you can pick her up earlier. $75.
2. Dottie’s girl #2. Born 3-19-11. Alpine Nubian cross. Sire is registered Alpine. Get the best of both worlds: the quality of Nubian milk and the quantity of Alpine milk! Can be reserved now, and will be ready to be picked up April 19. If you want to bottle feed her, you can pick her up earlier. Is being bottle fed and nursing now. Available now as long as you are willing to continue bottle feeding her. $75.
3. Flame. Born 2-24-11. Nubian. Both parents are registered. Dam (mom) is a first time mom and had twins. Flame’s sister is Rain. $100.
4. Rain. Born 2-24-11. Nubian. Both parents are registered. Dam (mom) is a first time mom and had twins. Rain’s sister is Flame. $75.
5. Simple Chicken Coop: 2 laying boxes. Unpainted. Access door. Roosting bars inside. $200.
6. The Chick Saloon: In progress, will be painted and will have all doors. Front and back access doors for chicken entry/exit and for ease of cleaning. Side nesting box access door. Asphalt roof. Roosting bars inside. $300 as is. $350 when painted and with doors.
7. Custom Chicken Coop: Metal roof, front and back access doors for ease of chicken entry/exit and cleaning. Access door on side to laying boxes. Roosting bars inside. Good for 5-7 chickens. This one sold, but duplicates can be made. $300.
Just give us a call if you’re interested in any of these! The Animal Whisperer builds custom chicken coops and play houses too.
- The Goat Cheese Lady, 719-651-9819